Ready for the easiest, most delicious homemade hot chocolate in the world? This is a perfect holiday recipe to take in your new or used RV if you’re traveling for the holidays. The ingredients are minimal and you can either make it on the stove top or (even easier) in your crock pot!
Holiday Hot Chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Aerosol whipped cream
- Candy canes
- Crushed hard peppermint candy
- Chopped Andes candies, Heath bar, or other chocolate candy you prefer
You’ll also need:
- 3 quart sauce pot or Crock Pot
- Slow cooker liners (if using Crock Pot)
- Stirring spoon or whisk
Let’s get going!
- Line your Crock Pot with a liner, if using.
- Place all ingredients into your slow cooker on low heat until heated through and the chocolate chips are melted and entire mixture is smooth. If you’re using the stove top, place all ingredients in sauce pot and heat over low to medium heat until heated through and chips are melted. Don’t turn past medium heat – the milk can scorn and the chocolate can burn.
- Ladle into cups and top with a candy cane stirrer, whipped cream and crushed peppermint or chocolate candy, if you desire. Or try your hand at making homemade marshmallows – not for the faint of heart, but a delicious treat your kids and grandkids will love!
This is a favorite recipe of our family to use on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and is wonderful with your favorite Christmas cookie!
Because the ingredients are so minimal and travel easily, it’s an ideal Christmas treat recipe to take with you if you’re traveling over the holidays this year. It’s a cozy, delicious recipe you’ll pull out again and again all winter long, whether you’re on the road or at home for the holidays.