Ready for a delicious camp stew that’ll stick to your ribs and warm you up from the inside out? You need to try this great camp recipe for Brunswick stew. This is a fantastic camp recipe that’s cost efficient, a crowd pleaser, and can be easily prepared either on your new or used RV’s outdoor kitchen, or prepped in a Crock Pot at the beginning of the day for you to return to later. You’ll want to make this more than once!
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Dutch oven or Crock Pot
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 10-oz cans chunk chicken breast, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 5-oz cans chicken broth
- 2 5-oz cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 25-oz can lima beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can English peas, drained
- 1 75-oz can creamed corn
- 1 16-oz bottle BBQ sauce
- Combine all ingredients in Dutch oven or crock pot. (If using Dutch oven, bring to a boil first, then reduce heat to medium.)
- When potatoes are tender, add entire bottle of BBQ sauce. (If using Crock Pot, cook on low 4-6 hours, adding BBQ sauce and turning off heat 30 minutes before serving.)
This camp recipe for Brunswick Stew is perfect with corn bread, so keep a cornbread mix in your RV’s kitchen pantry to whip up shortly before you sit down to eat. A warm bowl of Brunswick stew and some piping hot cornbread will be the perfect meal on cold, brisk nights!
One thing that’s great about this camp recipe is that all of the ingredients except the butter are dry/pantry goods, so it’s easy to make while traveling because you won’t be concerned about perishables. This is a great time of year to shop for a new or used RV, so if you’re thinking about shopping for a model with a spacious kitchen pantry or outdoor kitchen, contact us today!